My digestive system needs fiber, and I'll bet yours does, too! Complex carbs like brown rice are filling and do not spike your blood sugar like simple carbs. Enjoy some brown rice everyday to stay regular, feel full, and create a lovely foundation for your vegetables and proteins.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 55 mins
Yields: 8 servings
pinch of sea salt
4 cups water
2 cup brown rice
11. Presoak and rinse rice.
22. Add water and salt to a pot and bring to a boil.
33. Add rice. Cover and reduce heat to low.
44. Simmer for 50 minutes if it is short grain, and 35 minutes if it is long grain.
55. When done, pull from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes.
66. Fluff rice with fork before serving.
77. Enjoy this rice in entrees, desserts, and snacks all week long.
For extra fluffy rice, heat water to a boil. Then put the rinsed grains in a dry skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until the grains are dry. Add hot dry ice to boiling water, add salt and continue cooking.