BETTER HEALTH STARTS HERE!
Solution Starter for Prediabetes
Diagnosed with Prediabetes?
You are NOT alone. Click here...
Launching a whole-life transformation to improve health is a big deal and it can get complicated by a busy schedule and long-term habits. Instead of focusing today on the entire road ahead in any transformative process, I encourage you to think about 5 simple steps you can take today (and maybe tomorrow, too) to improve health. By chunking down the larger goal into simple steps that are not hard to take, you can enjoy life with more vitality now!
1. Plan simple and quick meals. No need to become a gourmet cook–think of your meals today using this formula: colorful vegetables, a whole grain, and a lean source of protein. Sautéing and broiling are quick ways to make a tasty meal in less than 30 minutes. We truly can improve health from our kitchens.
2. Get real about the processed foods in your home. Fast foods, boxed dinner kits, or food advertised on television are all processed food sources. Some people even call them FrankenFoods. Although these foods are convenient and have general acceptance by many consumers, they lack important nutrients and may even contain ingredients that are addictive and/or toxic. For today, look through your pantry and fridge and take note of how much processed food is in your home. How do you feel about this?
3. Fat is your Friend. Sound research confirms that the old “fat-free” advice did not do any of us a favor. Our bodies need good sources of healthy fats and we should eat some every day. Hydrogenated oils (found in lots of chips, cookies, crackers, and fast food) should be taken off the menu at your place. Consider cooking with fats like coconut oil and ghee (clarified butter), and in preparation of cold foods, like salads and grains, use olive oil. Other good sources of healthy fat to improve health is found in avocados, nuts, and seeds.
4. Drink more water. I know you’ve heard this before, so for today, just do it. I always have a 64 ounce container of filtered water with me. I sip from it all day long, and on a good day, I have to refill it. You will be doing yourself a favor if you do this, too!
5. Slow down for a minute, or 10. Did you think I was going to suggest you exercise a lot? Not for today, anyway. If you’ve already exercised your heart and lungs today, good for you! My advice is that a simple health action many people forget is taking time to slow down, breathe deeply, and quiet their mind. This 10-minute relaxation will center you, stimulate your parasympathetic nervous system, and rejuvenate you. That’s powerful stuff!
Enjoy this post? For even more articles, tips and resources, Click Here for a complimentary subscription to my Homemade Health E-Newsletter! This resource will deliver empowering wellness information directly to your inbox once a month.